Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring "Break"

I'm sure many of you can relate that your time away from school is being spent doing things to better your classroom. My list of things to do is a mile long, but now that I'm actually on vacation I'm finding it hard to motivate myself. I think it's because it's early in the week and I know I have "so much time" left to complete that list. Today I went to the Learning Resource Center.

For those of you who don't know who it is, it's a place for teachers to play! They have all of the materials you could think of to make posters, centers, decorations etc. They have the Ellison machine, laminators, poster makers, overheads and lots more. I was there for 3+ hours with another teacher. Since our school doesn't have a laminator, I was able to catch up on a lot of laminating so that when I return to school my class can actually use some of my materials! I am planning on making another trip out there before my week is done.


Here is what I've been working on this week. I feel so accomplished!

I'm very proud of my Science poster! It took a while to trace, cut out each letter, and glue everything- but I was able to do all of that AND laminate it in one shot and in one place! Love it!

These wall decorations were made using transparencies. Simple and easy!



Because we don't have a laminator that we can use regularly, or that we can operate on our own, I had to take a bunch of things to the LRC. I finally was able to laminate my center folders. I slit the top with an exacto knife and I am keeping all of the papers that go with each center in these so that I 1.) have a place to store the extra copies and 2.) so that the kids can be independent and help themselves.

One of the biggest things I've been working on was my Fairy Tale Unit. For more details on that check out my next post.




No comments:

Post a Comment